Application Deadline: April 17, 2015 or until the ideal candidate is identified.
Engage Michigan is organizing for progressive change. We are hiring a Development Director to help make that happen. This position may be housed in either our Detroit or Lansing office.
Position Overview: The Development Coordinator plays a key role in maintaining the organizational budget, and in growing our funding base. We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed individual who is excited to join a hard-working, mission-driven team.
The Development Coordinator will work with the Executive Director on all fundraising, fundraising events and stakeholder relationship building.
Engage Michigan’s revenue development relies on a combination of grant-writing and foundation support, a robust digital solicitation program, and small-dollar donations of less than $500 through numerous events throughout the year, mailings and online fundraising campaigns.
This is a challenging position. You will have to juggle many different tasks, and will develop a wide range of skills.
- Working with the Executive Director, develop a yearly fundraising program (both online and offline) to meet our annual budget.
- Work with the Executive Director to ensure that monthly income and fundraising goals throughout the year are achieved.
- Together with the Executive Director, develop a strategic plan to support the goals of the organization, its programs and its financial goals.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of our fundraising program.
- Work with the Executive Director to grow major donor income.
- Work with the Board of Directors to grow major donor income.
- Manage and work with the Board to meet yearly Board fundraising commitments.
- Work with major donors to become repeat donors to Engage Michigan.
- Identify and cultivate new major donors.
- Work with the Executive Director to support, build relationships and identify major institutional contributors.
- Oversee all donor correspondence.
- Develop a plan and execute annual fundraising events and meet financial goals and expectations.
- Seek out new partnership opportunities.
- Manage the yearly grant process with our major grantors including preparation of grant materials, midterm and final reports as required by grantors.
- Seek new grant opportunities for general support and key Engage Michigan programs.
- Manage and grow monthly-donor program.
- Work with the Executive Director and Digital Media Coordinator to develop consistent, online monthly donor emails and follow up.
- Oversee correspondence with and retention of monthly donors (credit card expirations, etc).
- Maintain fundraising database, tracking, and acknowledgement systems.
- Help manage organizational finances and compliance requirements with the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in fundraising within a non-profit or campaign environment, with proven record of success with fundraising through events, major donors, board-member gifts and contacts, foundation grants, and on-line appeals.
- Experience with fundraising/CRM databases.
- Experience effectively working with Board members and major donors.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills—both oral and written— with an impressive reputation for building and maintaining relationships with people at all levels of an organization, across a diverse range of cultural, generational, ethnic, racial, educational and social backgrounds.
- Experience with event planning.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work effectively and to follow tasks through to completion.
- Self-motivated and collegial.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making. Workload management and ability to multi-task and switch gears on short notice when priorities change.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office software including Word and Excel; ability to operate Internet applications and email.
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Engage Michigan offers a competitive salary and benefits package based on relevant experience.
Please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to Lonnie Scott, Executive Director at Jobs@EngageMichigan.org with the subject line “Development Coordinator.”
Engage Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.